Friday, August 1, 2008

Can you really pick a favourite?

I hate getting non-personal e-mails (which means I just may have to actually reply to some email-pals... any how...) but I love getting the weekly newsletter in my inbox on Friday nights from the lovely down-to-earth people at Empire Magazine. This week they challenged us to think of our favourite top ten films. Here are mine listed below for the next... well... until I remember a fabulous film I forgot.

My greatest movies of all time are...
1 The Shawshank Redemption
Hope is right up there on my value system.
2 The Silence of the Lambs
Will always give me the shivers. Fantastic everything.
3 The Sixth Sense
I just adore the attention to detail to the best plot twist I've ever seen.
4 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The snappiest script I've ever watched in motion with a stellar cast.
5 Sunset Blvd.
The best obsession based film setting the perfect tone in every scene.
6 The Matrix
I still like chunky boots and black leather coats nearly a decade on.
7 Ocean's Eleven
Probably the film I've watched the most. Best use of characters and dialogue with the perfectly paced plot.
8 Galaxy Quest
Every time I watch a sci-fi film or series, I think of this film.
9 Forrest Gump
One of my first sentimental favourites.
10 A League of Their Own
Best example of a fantastic lead female character with a perfect mix of drama and light comedy.

4 comments:

Kayleigh said...

Excellent number 1 and 2! They're in my top 30 somewhere! Must enter my list to Empire as shameful as it is!

Anonymous said...

Here is a rundown of my top 10 movies:

1. Stranger Than Fiction
This movie appeals to the writer in me.

2. The Matrix
I love the exploration of potential that this movie revolves around.

3. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
I love the Jedi and this SW movie is the most emotionally charged for me.

4. Batman Begins
Dark and insanely realistic for a superhero movie. Again, I love the exploration of self in this movie.

5. K-PAX
Thought provoking in every way and depending on how you view the world 2 possible endings.

6. Mirrormask
Simply put, it's like wathcing my dreams on film.

7. Rear Window
Hitchcock is a genius and I love Jimmy Stewart, such a thrilling movie!

8. Gattaca
This movie appeals to me because it shows people pushing their limits and not being constrained by the world.

9. Transformers
I think I like this movie so much because it has everything in it, action, comedy, drama, and BID ROBOTS!

10. Meet the Robinsons
Best animated film I have ever seen. 'Keep Moving Forward!'

Emma said...

Your number one is my number one as well. ♥♥♥♥

Sam Lockley said...

A very interesting top 10, some very good choices! I look forward to reading your blog in the future x

www.samlockley.blogspot.com