Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's the Oddest Things....

I must admit, I get rather defensive when it comes to film. This usually happens when people make comments like:

"It was different then the book. It limited my imagination." - Totally different medias. Totally. Different.

"That couldn't happen in reality." -No shit. It's a movie- what's your point? Go outside the damn theater if you're so interested in reality. (However this comment is certainly applicable for the last Indy flick. Talk about suspending disbelief!)

"I don't like films with Mr/Mrs Whoever in it cause they do drugs/ believe in aliens/ jump on couches etc." Not watching a film because of an actors/actresses personal life means you'll miss out on some good films. Separate the actor from their character and judge them on their talent.

However I do have a few pet hates of my own:

-Bad Dialogue
-Heros that destroy half the bloody city that they're trying to save. Seriously, Wanted, I'm looking at you here. You can bend bloody bullets but can't even keep a damn train on it's tracks?
-Crappy remakes (being the majority of)
-Crappy sequels (also being the majority of)
-the fact that Hollywood would rather make crappy remakes and sequels then original work.

However with that in mind and since I've read about five millions lists since my last post. Here's some examples of where the remake/sequel equals or even surpasses the original....





I'm sure there are more.....

No comments: